Re: Suggestion on reorganizing functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Suggestion on reorganizing functions
Date: 2004-08-09 20:39:43
Lists: pgsql-docs

Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org> writes:
> One idea to solve it would to have the flat list link to
> functions-foo.html#FOOBAR - this would allow both methods of
> organization and only having function definitions in one spot.

Basically what you're proposing is an index.

I am not sure if DocBook could handle generating an index covering just
functions, or if we'd have to merge it with the general index. If the
latter then it's pretty much done already. (We may have missed indexing
some function descriptions, but certainly a lot of them have an index entry.)