Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j ect

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "Dorochevsky, Michel" <michel(dot)dorochevsky(at)softcon(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j ect
Date: 2007-04-24 02:42:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Well hot dang, I managed to reproduce this:

$ ./followlog "dbname = tschema" <log.sql
command failed at log line 30522:
COMMIT PREPARED '257_dm0td2luMjAwMHByby8yNTM2AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==_MQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=='
PANIC: failed to re-find shared lock object
before or while processing the request.
$

So at least now we know it's not a Windows-specific issue, which is
something I was getting more and more worried about after two days of
not being able to duplicate the crash. I went so far as to make a
program that reads the log excerpt Michel sent, and execute the commands
in sequence on as many different connections as he had active ... and
darn if it doesn't fail. It seems fully reproducible on both 8.2 and
HEAD.

Now to start debugging. We can stop pestering Michel to run various
strange binaries, at least.