Postgresql vs. Access97, TransferDatabase

From: "Gilley, Charles H(dot)" <Charles(dot)Gilley(at)glenayre(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql vs. Access97, TransferDatabase
Date: 1998-11-24 18:12:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm trying to move an existing access database to Postgres.
I've tried cut/paste, export/import, all without success. Trying the
transfer database approach, I receive the following error:

Error creating the table; ERROR type name lookup of lo failed (#17).

>From the odbc log file, Access is trying to create a series of fields that
I do not know where they are coming from:

..."Gen_Note" int4,"s_Generation" int4,"s_GUID" bytea,"s_Lineage" lo,...

Maybe someone has dealt with this issue before.