Re: postgres 7.2.1 pg_restore large objects

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dario <dario_d_s(at)unitech(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 7.2.1 pg_restore large objects
Date: 2005-03-31 04:21:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dario <dario_d_s(at)unitech(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> I have two different versions of postgres, one compiled by someone here,
> and another version, installed via rpm.
> unlikely, upgrading to a different version, is not an option, I probably
> update to 7.2.(last version), but only if this specific problem is solved.

If the release notes between 7.2.1 and 7.2.7 did not curl your toes,
then you didn't understand what you were reading. There are numerous
serious data-loss-grade bugs in 7.2.1.

Update to 7.2.7 first and then see if you still have trouble loading
this dump. If you do, I'd be interested to see more details ... but
7.2.1 isn't supportable.