Re: Fwd: RE: PostgreSQL track for PHP Con West

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: PostgreSQL track for PHP Con West
Date: 2003-09-09 02:53:33
Lists: pgsql-www

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Justin,
>>> Most people who signed onto that list did so with the expectation that
>>> it would not have um... non-PostgreSQL related stuff going through it.
>>> To then allow non-PostgreSQL stuff to go through it in this way feels
>>> like it would be a kind of "breech of trust".
>>
>> But this is PostgreSQL related ... there will be two PostgreSQL segments at
>> the convention. And I'll bet that about 1/3 of our users have some
>> involvement with PHP ....
>>
>> Certainly it's as relevant as EMS HiTech's monthly version announcements ...

> Agreed ... and especially considering how hard it is to get 'inroads' into
> the PHP community, being seen as sponsors always helps ...

My thoughts exactly. PHP is relevant to Postgres, and it's in our best
interest to make more people think so ;-). I don't see anything wrong
with occasional PHP-related announcements, if they have any PG connection
at all. Given that there are a couple of PG talks scheduled at this
conference, that would make it reasonable to mention anyway, wouldn't it?