Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Riccardo Mottola" <multix(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Seneca Cunningham" <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)
Date: 2006-03-16 17:58:06
Lists: pgsql-ports

"Riccardo Mottola" <multix(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> The float.h that's part of gcc doesn't contain the defines.

> yes, exactly. lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0/3.4.5/include/float.h
> and indeed, it has not those defines.

Ah-hah. This probably indicates that the gcc you are using was
originally generated on a different version of AIX. It's always bad
news when gcc's copies of the headers don't match the real ones :-(

These copies are generated during gcc build by a script called
"fixincludes". You might be able to fix them up by just re-running
fixincludes. My inclination would be to rebuild gcc altogether though.