Re: TODO item: support triggers on columns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO item: support triggers on columns
Date: 2005-03-13 18:47:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> writes:
> By the way, does anyone know what the tgattr field in pg_triggers
> is for?

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/catalog-pg-trigger.html
says "currently unused" and a desultory search through the sources
confirms that. I imagine it was put there with the intent of adding
column info later on. However, being a fixed-width array, I don't
actually see that it would be useful for anything much ... you'd at
least want to change it to a normal array.

BTW, if you don't have a convenient way of grepping the entire PG
source tree and quickly viewing all the hits on a particular symbol,
I *highly* recommend setting up something that can do that. I use
emacs + glimpse but there are probably newer tools out there.