RE: [Bug Fix] ECPG: could not use some CREATE TABLE AS syntax

From: "Higuchi, Daisuke" <higuchi(dot)daisuke(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Michael Meskes' <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [Bug Fix] ECPG: could not use some CREATE TABLE AS syntax
Date: 2019-02-18 09:19:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Meskes-san

> Yes, I fully understand that. However, in doing so you accept
> statements that the backend later on rejects. The sole reason for
> the big ecpg grammar is to prevent those cases whenever possible.

Ok, I agree with you.

> > I also want to hear your opinion. I will change my opinion flexibly.
> I agree that this the way to go.

I updated and attached the patch. As I show in previous post, this version is that "IF NOT EXISTS" keyword and variable for "WITH NO DATA" are added to ecpg.trailer.

Regards,
Daisuke, Higuchi

Attachment Content-Type Size
FIX_ECPG_CREATE_TABLE_AS_v2.patch application/octet-stream 11.7 KB