Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Proofreading adjustments for first two parts of documentation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Proofreading adjustments for first two parts of documentation
Date: 2009-04-28 01:39:24
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs

David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:
> My point in all this is that, "advanced" isn't frozen forever in time,
> and neither is, "basic."

No, but the "basic" chapter is trying to teach people what tables and
indexes are. I think it's reasonable to categorize FKs as a level
beyond that.

It would probably be fair to complain that window functions don't belong
in the same difficulty category as FKs. I stuck a chapter about them in
there because I didn't see any other good place for the material --- but
maybe we should consider breaking down the tutorial into
beginner/intermediate/"advanced" chapters?