Re: libpq connection strings: control over the cipher suites?

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Graham Leggett <minfrin(at)sharp(dot)fm>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq connection strings: control over the cipher suites?
Date: 2017-11-09 17:53:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/09/2017 03:27 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Is there a parameter or mechanism for setting the required ssl cipher list from the client side?

I don't believe so. That is controlled by ssl_ciphers, which requires a
restart in order to change.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-SSL-CIPHERS

select name,setting,context from pg_settings where name like '%ssl%';
name | setting | context
---------------------------+--------------------------+------------
ssl | off | postmaster
ssl_ca_file | | postmaster
ssl_cert_file | server.crt | postmaster
ssl_ciphers | HIGH:MEDIUM:+3DES:!aNULL | postmaster
ssl_crl_file | | postmaster
ssl_ecdh_curve | prime256v1 | postmaster
ssl_key_file | server.key | postmaster
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers | on | postmaster
(8 rows)

HTH,

Joe

--