Re: Unicode escapes with any backend encoding

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unicode escapes with any backend encoding
Date: 2020-03-06 19:53:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3/6/20 2:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe Chapman has a use case in mind he can test with? Barring that,
>> the patch seems ready for commit.
>
> I went ahead and pushed this, just to get it out of my queue.
> Chapman's certainly welcome to kibitz some more of course.

Sorry, yeah, I don't think I had any kibitzing to do. My use case
was for an automated SQL generator to confidently emit Unicode-
escaped forms with few required assumptions about the database they'll
be loaded in, subject of course to the natural limitation that its
encoding contain the characters being used, but not to arbitrary
other limits. And unless I misunderstand the patch, it accomplishes
that, thereby depriving me of stuff to kibitz about.

Regards,
-Chap