Substantial bloat in postgres_fdw regression test runtime

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Substantial bloat in postgres_fdw regression test runtime
Date: 2016-11-02 16:39:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers
In 9.6, "make installcheck" in contrib/postgres_fdw takes a shade
under 3 seconds on my machine.  In HEAD, it's taking 10 seconds.
I am not happy, especially not since there's no parallelization
of the contrib regression tests.  That's a direct consumption of
my time and all other developers' time too.  This evidently came
in with commit 7012b132d (Push down aggregates to remote servers),
and while that's a laudable feature, I cannot help thinking that
it does not deserve this much of an imposition on every make check
that's ever done for the rest of eternity.

Next:From: Adam BrusselbackDate: 2016-11-02 16:41:00