Probably mistake in Arrays docs & proposal for index

From: "Christian Rossow" <rossow(at)internet-sicherheit(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Probably mistake in Arrays docs & proposal for index
Date: 2007-06-06 16:33:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hey guys,

thank you for providing this perfect docs! Let me give two comments on it.

1) I think there is a small mistake in the Arrays docs at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/arrays.html

Or can anyone explain me:

SELECT array_dims(schedule) FROM sal_emp WHERE name = 'Carol';

array_dims
------------
[1:2][1:1]

with the following content: {{breakfast,consulting},{meeting,lunch}}

IMHO this should be [1:2][1:2]

2) Is it possible to integrate an alphabet into the index site?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/bookindex.html

I would appreciate a small line on the top of the site like "[A] [B] [C]
... [Z]" with links to each block beginning with the letter.

Thanks a lot.

All the best,
/Christian