Re: cube does not compile with newer flex

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bartosch Pixa <dante(at)inworld(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cube does not compile with newer flex
Date: 2002-12-09 19:54:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bartosch Pixa <dante(at)inworld(dot)de> writes:
> Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
>> What is flex 2.5.23?

> flex is non-gnu, the official site is afaik :
> http://astro.temple.edu/~john43/flex/

That also says:

Last official release
(July 1997) flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz is the most recent official release.

I don't think it's our problem to be compatible with unreleased alpha
versions of tools; at least not without the tool authors explaining why
our code is wrong rather than it being a bug in the alpha tool. So,
again, send it to them first. Or do the legwork yourself and send us
a patch. I'm not interested in installing an alpha flex to investigate
it here.