Re: issue:pgsql trigger with script file

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: nandakumar(at)obsitech(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: issue:pgsql trigger with script file
Date: 2009-07-28 14:59:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

this isn't bug, please, mail to pg_general mailing list.

It's not commendable technique call some external services from
trigger. It's much better to store data to some special table and then
periodically read this table and call external services from some
daemon application. But if you need it, then you can use
http://plsh.projects.postgresql.org/

I don't know if there is some similar project on window, but it's not
hard to write custom function in C and wrap exec system call. On
windows you can use plperlu and call external app from it.

regards
Pavel Stehule