tsearch2 wrapper

From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: tsearch2 wrapper
Date: 2007-10-04 15:52:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I am working on subj. There are two variants:

a) simple C wrapper which can be SQL compatible .. with this wrapper
we don't need any changes in dump files .. but I thinking it's
impossible, because there are conflicts between functio'n names and
table's names.

b) simple SQL wrapper -> it need modification of dump file :(, but it
can work (probably doesn't needs modify of application).

I started work on variant b)
http://www.pgsql.cz/index.php/Tsearch2_wrapper

plpgsql procedures I'll rewrite to C later.

Now I thing, so compatibility is broken, but we can simplify port to
8.3 with some small wrapper like my wrapper.

Regards
Pavel Stehule