Re: PQputline in BINARY mode?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pacquet(at)newsguy(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQputline in BINARY mode?
Date: 2002-08-13 21:53:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

pacquet(at)newsguy(dot)com writes:
> the question is, can I combine both techniques, and use a programmatic
> interface to copy binary information?

Nope. There's no support for binary COPY in the frontend/backend
protocol. This is one of the things I'd like to see fixed next time
we change the protocol. (That's a sufficiently painful thing that we
don't do it often --- the last time was release 6.4 --- but we're
considering a protocol rev for the next development cycle, 7.4.)