Re: BUG #5076: LEFT OUTER JOIN and WHERE madness

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mauro Infantino" <mauro(dot)infantino(at)latincontrol-soft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5076: LEFT OUTER JOIN and WHERE madness
Date: 2009-09-27 04:31:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Mauro Infantino" <mauro(dot)infantino(at)latincontrol-soft(dot)com> writes:
> I'm just experiencing the same as in here,
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-06/msg00175.php
> It was not happening for 8.3.7 (at least on Windows).

This is the very definition of an unhelpful bug report.

You are not seeing the same thing that was reported against 8.3.3,
because that bug is fixed --- there's a regression test proving so.
You might be seeing something else with a similar symptom, but with
no details or test case, there is nothing we can do about it.