Re: Select Into help

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: brian stapel <brians_224(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Select Into help
Date: 2007-01-19 13:23:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Jan 18, 2007, at 11:08 AM, brian stapel wrote:

> Below is my current version of the function. It compiles and
> executes. How ever, it returns only one record - the last select
> into statement

This is because you only call return next one time. You need to call
it multiple times in a loop if you expect to return a set of records.
This article is somewhat old, but has some detailed examples:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.17

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL