Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
Date: 2001-09-22 15:57:00
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I just hate to add another psql help item and manual page for a REPLACE
> FUNCTION. It seems to asymetrical.

Huh? Who said anything about a separate REPLACE FUNCTION command? It's
just an option in CREATE.

I don't think that I'd care for a separate REPLACE FUNCTION command,
since that's just a peculiar spelling of ALTER FUNCTION, and
historically we've used ALTER for that sort of thing. But that's not
what's being proposed here anyway.