Re: Minor Typo in SELECT docs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, "Thomas F(dot)O'Connell" <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minor Typo in SELECT docs
Date: 2004-09-10 03:41:40
Lists: pgsql-docs

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 09:31:09AM +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
>> Since it's fixed in HEAD, I think we're fine -- we usually don't bother
>> applying documentation fixes to release branches, even if there were
>> plans for another 7.4.x release.

> Oh, is this really a good policy?

It's not so much that we have a "policy" as that we have a finite number
of committers with finite time. If any committer wants to go and fix
this trivial typo in a back branch, no one will say boo. But I doubt
any of us will take the time either. There are a lot of typos besides
this one, and always have been. Personally I'd rather spend the time
proofing current docs.