Re: Make 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: BERGOTTO Mario TECHTEL <mbergotto(at)techtel(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Make 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00
Date: 2002-07-24 20:33:27
Lists: pgsql-ports

BERGOTTO Mario TECHTEL <mbergotto(at)techtel(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> I'm trying to compile PostgreSQL 7.2.1 under HP-UX 11.00. I've checked all
> requirements from both the manual and FAQs, upgraded to the latest version
> of the compiler, but I always end with the same:
>
> cc: error 1405: "/usr/ccs/bin/ld" terminated abnormally with signal 11.

We've heard that before, I believe. File a bug report with HP ---
a compiler crash is a compiler bug, regardless of what the input is.
I dunno whether the previous complainer went through with filing a
bug report, so HP may or may not know of their problem.

In the meantime, Postgres should build fine with gcc on HP.