Re: [9.1] 2 bugs with extensions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [9.1] 2 bugs with extensions
Date: 2012-10-03 02:10:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Dimitri Fontaine's message of lun oct 01 04:44:28 -0300 2012:
> Hi,
>
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> >> Same for 9.2, attached. master needs yet another patch because of the
> >> recent headers reorg, it seems, that's for another day though.
> >
> > No, just remove the RELKIND_UNCATALOGUED case in that switch.
>
> Oh. As in the attached? :)

That seems to work, yes.

While testing this out I noticed that this silently does nothing:

SELECT pg_catalog.pg_extension_config_dump('my_config', NULL);

i.e. the table is not marked as configuration but no error or warning
appears, either. This seems rather surprising.