Re: Let's talk about booth and goodies

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Let's talk about booth and goodies
Date: 2012-08-28 16:35:29
Lists: pgeu-general

On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 09:31 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Jean-Paul Argudo
> <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org> wrote:
[...]
> > This would have a lot of advantages, like:
> >
> > * no more dealing with cash on a PostgreSQL booth
> > * not having someone going with lots of cash in the pocket at the
> > end of the exhibit
>
> I've never seen that as a major issue, and if you don't like doing it,
> I'm happy to.

That's where we differ. You don't bring a few bucks with you. It's more
like 1K or 1.5K euros. I had to bring that back to France twice, and I
tell you, it doesn't make me happy. It's just too much money to carry
around. Even if we leave out the possibility of getting robbed, what
happens if the guy who is in charge of the money lost it? does he have
to pay back pg.eu? I sure don't want that.

> In a nutshell, I think we should review what we sell and what we give
> away (types of items, designs etc), but I certainly do not think we
> should stop selling more expensive items at conferences.

+1.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info