initdb check_need_password fix

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb check_need_password fix
Date: 2012-06-28 19:48:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If you run initdb -A md5, you get an error

initdb: must specify a password for the superuser to enable md5 authentication

In 9.2, when you run something like initdb --auth-local=peer
--auth-host=md5, you still get that error, which I think is a mistake.
The error should only be shown if both authentication choices are
password-like. Hence I propose the attached patch.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg-initdb-auth-error-fix.patch text/x-patch 1.4 KB