PostgreSQL Session #4 : Call for Papers

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Session #4 : Call for Papers
Date: 2012-05-09 16:09:41
Lists: pgsql-announce

====== PostgreSQL Session #4 : Call for Papers ======

After three successful sessions dedicated to the new features of
PostgreSQL 9.0 (february 2011), to PostGIS (june 2011), and to
replication systems (february 2012), we'd like to announce that the 4th
PostgreSQL Session will be held on October 4th, 2012, in Paris, France.

More informations at: http://www.postgresql-sessions.org/en/4/

The topic of the conference will be:

"Migrate to PostgreSQL"

We're launching a call for paper for this event. You can now submit your
talks, in English or in French. Each talk should last 45 minutes
(questions included) and should focus on the topic of the event. We are
interested in any talk about the following subjects:

* Database migration (ora2pg, ETL, etc.)
* Application migration
* Partitioning in PostgreSQL
* Managing a cluster of PostgreSQL servers
* Replication and High-Availability
* Foreign Data Wrappers (oracle_fdw, mysql_fdw, tds_fdw)
* TCO Comparison of DMBS

Talks can be either: a case study, a Proof of Concept, a tutorial, a
benchmark, a presentation of a new feature, etc. Of course, we're open
to propositions on any other mogration related topics (monitoring,
hardware replication, etc.) !

The submission deadline is June 30th, 2012. Selected speakers will be
notified before July 15th, 2012.

You can now send your proposals to
call-for-paper(at)postgresql-sessions(dot)org

Please give us a little information about you and your talk, such as:

* First Name and Last Name
* Twitter Account (if any)
* Company
* Short Biography (contributions to the PostgreSQL community)
* Talk title
* Talk abstract
* Any specific need

Slides should be in a free licence (Creative Commons BY-ND 3.0 or
compatible), and will be available to Dalibo.

See you in Paris next October !

**About the postgreSQL Sessions** :

The PostgreSQL sessions are designed to be a time to discover and meet
the PostgreSQL community. Each session is a day consisting of lectures
and workshops, organized around a specific theme and a guest. The
proposed talks aimed at all levels and all profiles: Developer,
Administrator, Project Managers, IT Managers, ...

The **PostgreSQL sessions** are organized by Dalibo, the french leading
PostgreSQL company. Entry is free and open to all, within the limits of
available seats.

**About Dalibo** :

Since 2005, Dalibo is the leading French PostgreSQL company and provides
its experience and expertise to its clients in Europe. The company
delivers a full range of PostgreSQL services : Trainings, Development,
Performance Tuning, High Availibilty Setup, Migration Oracle to
PostgreSQL, Troubleshooting and PostgreSQL support.

Dalibo reserves the right to change the date and location of the event
if the situation requires it.

--
Guillaume Lelarge
Directeur technique