pg_dump custom format specification

From: "Guillermo M(dot) Narvaja" <guillermo(dot)narvaja(at)fierro-soft(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump custom format specification
Date: 2012-01-21 12:44:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Someone has some kind of specification or description of the pg_dump
custom format?

What I'm trying to do is an utility to remotelly syncronize postgresql
dumps, using lib_rsync to syncronize each table independently and
copying blobs only when sizes differ.

I've made the same using the Tar format, but I think most of the
features and optimizations like paralell-restore are now only available
with the custom format.

I will do the script in Python, so, I need to know how to parse and
write pg_dumps in custom format.

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillermo M. Narvaja