Re: Patch file questions?

From: Casey Havenor <casey(at)myzip2it(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch file questions?
Date: 2011-06-29 21:18:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Googled patch utility - not sure of which one to get as none I found use the
.patch extensions?

So is this the workflow...
- Get patch
- Get patch utility - Not sure which one - Any recommendations for Win7,
Mac, Linux?
- Apply patch to installer for PostgreSQL or after PostgreSQL is installed?
- Recompile?
- Reinstall?
- Re-import existing database structure? --- If I apply this patch - I've
already got a schema built for my database does that mean I'll lose it or
have to import it in?

Never done this have lots of questions...

Thanks again.

-----
Warmest regards,

Casey Havenor