Re: Branch 1.14?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Branch 1.14?
Date: 2011-06-15 09:09:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 10:00 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> You're right. Patching very old releases will become more difficult.
> But those patches are rare and most of the time not very large, so the
> merge should not be a big problem.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that users will have to backpatch
some bugfixes and compile an old pgAdmin to be able to use old
PostgreSQL releases? I sincerely hope you don't mean that.

> Either one actual version of pgAdmin which supports everything back to
> 7.3. or different versions which targets different postgresql
> releases. Currently we have a hybrid - that's not very good, I think.

We don't have both. We currently have a pgAdmin which supports
everything back to 7.3. And you cannot say otherwise, unless you know
some bugs you didn't report.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info