Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Date: 2011-04-05 20:59:36
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On tis, 2011-04-05 at 14:55 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> and I've also had failures, I believe,
> from not being connected to the Internet, which is surprising because
> it's not at all obvious that building the docs should require an
> Internet connection.

I understand this problem, but just to clarify, this is supposed to
help, because then you don't need to install anything, as whatever is
necessary will be downloaded automatically. This is a feature of the
XSLT processor. In the case of xsltproc, it can be turned off with the
--nonet option.

On the other hand, if you have a proper local installation, then it
should map the Internet URIs to the local installation. -- "should"