Re: I neen help establishing a connection to my PostgreSQL database.

From: "Bender, Cheryl" <cbender(at)mriresearch(dot)org>
To: "Maurice Menefee" <maurice(dot)menefee(at)briteskies(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: I neen help establishing a connection to my PostgreSQL database.
Date: 2005-02-02 00:20:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

By default the postmaster in Windows listens for TCP/IP connections only
on the loopback interface.

Take a look at your conf files (postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf).
Postgresql.conf probably needs to have a line added something like this:

listen_addresses = '*' # what IP interface(s) to listen on;

# defaults to localhost,
'*' = any

I suspect when you try to connect via ODBC it is not using 'Localhost'
even if it is on the same machine.

Cheryl Bender

_____