Finding deadlocks on postgresql ?

From: Machiel Richards <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Finding deadlocks on postgresql ?
Date: 2010-08-13 09:36:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All

I am trying to find out the following and google doesn't seem to
be very helpful today :-(

As part of creating a Daily health check for some postgresql
databases, I am trying to determine whether the database have any
deadlocks.

I am not sure however how to do this and thus I am hoping
someone can assist me here.

Is there a method to check postgresql for any deadlocks via a
query or perhaps other methods?

I would really appreciate the help here.

Regards
Machiel