Fwd: Re: BUG #5556: "cannot drop active portal" and "ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded" lead to server crash

From: "Robert Walker" <robwalker01(at)speedymail(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Re: BUG #5556: "cannot drop active portal" and "ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded" lead to server crash
Date: 2010-07-13 14:57:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Attached are text files with the output from the debugging tool. The
"startup" text file is when the backend was first started, the "crash"
text file has content that was triggered in the tool when the crash
occurred, and the "crash_info" text file is additional information I
requested with "~*k" after the crash.

As far as a self-contained example goes, I originally tried to make a
simple test case but it would not crash using the imitation of the
actual database. Because I wasn't sure what the cause of the crash was,
it wasn't clear how to make a test case for it. Unfortunately my job
doesn't let me expose too many details about stuff like this so I
couldn't post the real details about the database. But I'll try to help
as much as I can and I hope the stack traces will be helpful.

--
Robert Walker (robwalker01(at)speedymail(dot)org)

[e-mail provided by http://fastmail.fm]

Robert Walker (robwalker01(at)speedymail(dot)org)

[e-mail provided by http://fastmail.fm]

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different...

Attachment Content-Type Size
stack_trace_startup.txt text/plain 4.2 KB
stack_trace_crash.txt text/plain 4.5 KB
stack_trace_crash_info.txt text/plain 2.1 KB