Keeping separate WAL segments for each database

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers ML <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Keeping separate WAL segments for each database
Date: 2010-06-30 18:54:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I talked to Sybase people about their latest technologies. Many features
that shipped with their latest ASE 15.5 product has been in PostgreSQL
since many years (like functional indexes, etc). :)

One of the things that interested me was parallel recovery feature. They
said that they are keeping separate xlogs for each database, which
speeds ups recovery in case of a crash. It also would increase
performance, since we could write xlogs to separate disks.

Is that doable for PostgreSQL, too?
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org