Re: PG 9.0 release timetable

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 9.0 release timetable
Date: 2010-05-31 14:43:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 15:14 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On 31 May 2010 09:33, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >>
> >> We're currently at 4 weeks since last beta, with no new beta in sight.
> >
> > My understanding was beta 2 would be out on 7th June. Is that changing?
>
> No. It's very much in sight on my calendar :-)

Can we make it 2 weeks per beta from now on?

That will allow us to get to Beta5 by 19 Jul, which will hopefully
become RC1 on 2 Aug and then release on 16 Aug.

At the current pace we will be on BETA3 on 12 July, increasing the
probablity of delay, or reducing the number of bugs discovered prior to
release.

If that's a problem, do we need to release BetaN on all platforms? Where
do the majority of bug reports originate? Let's focus there.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com