In the event that you would be interested to implement more secure
connections between pgAdmin and PostgreSQL using SSL and smart cards, I
am offering 3 free FEITIAN PKI developer smart cards to the pgAdmin
community if you would like to implement features.
The FEITIAN PKI card works under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
You can apply for free card here:
We offer the Feitian PKI smart card, which has unique features:
* Compatible with GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
* Supported by OpenSC.
* The card has a real crypto engine, it is not a Java card.
* ISO 7816 features.
* Support RSA keys up to 2048bit.
* Support standard X.509 v3 certificates.
* On-board RSA DES 3DES SHA1 algorithms.
* Both PKCS#11 and MS-CAPI interfaces to existing security
* High performance smart card chip built-in.
* Hardware random number generator.
* 64k data space.
More info: http://www.gooze.eu/feitian-pki-card
A typical example would be using the crypto engine on card to secure SSL
connections to the PostgreSQL server. This is high level security.
Jean-Michel Pouré - jmpoure(at)gooze(dot)eu
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE||Date: 2010-03-17 13:28:16|
|Subject: Re: Smart card connection pgAdmin/PostgreSQL|
|Previous:||From: pgAdmin Trac||Date: 2010-03-17 11:34:11|
|Subject: [pgAdmin III] #151: Can't access entire window in Graphical Query
Builder (Windows platform)|