Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date: 2010-01-29 16:32:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:56 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I think we should extend the time available to make sure we have a
> sensible set of features for 9.0. The heat of this discussion tells me
> that we are going to be lacking features that are must-have to someone,
> whether or not they are in the majority.

-1

Missing release dates because of some patch that isn't done is something
the community has been trying to get away from, aggressively. The way
this is supposed to work is:

We have a release date
Features that aren't going to make that date, don't.
We release

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.