Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2010-01-06 20:21:54
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 17:14 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> > > ok i probably misunderstood what you meant by "funds-group" and
> > > "eu-conference". Anyway To me, fund raising is a very "local" activity
> > > because each country/culture has its own ways to deal with it. But
> > > that's way out of topic.
> >
> > funds-group is attached to SPI, so it's the one "international"
> > fundraising group we have.
>
> FWIW it's not all that international anyway, because it's subject to US
> embargoes and other funny stuff.

Every country has their own rules and regulations that have to be
followed. SPI is as International as it is going to get.

> Which makes me wonder what's the
> usefulness of it at all, seeing how PostgreSQL-US is already raising
> funds for the US community.

The majority of money SPI spent in the last year had nothing to do with
the United States. There is some, but most went to things like
sponsoring PgCon.BR and PgCon.JP. It has also sponsored PgDay.EU (not
this past one but the one before.)

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.