Re: qualified names

From: Tim Bowden <tim(dot)bowden(at)westnet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: manaus <s_incocciati(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: qualified names
Date: 2009-09-14 04:24:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 19:38 +0200, manaus wrote:
> Hello,
> If I set search_path to one of the schemas, I can use psql without
> writing the qualified names.
> In my application instead the server returns error if I dont use select
> * from myschema.mytable.
> Is this fixable?
>
> thanks...

There are several ways to deal with this.

1. To solve the problem for the current instance, do:
SET search_path TO schema1, schema2, ... ;
from you application as required.

2. For a permanent solution for that user only, do:
ALTER USER <username> SET search_path TO schema1, schema2, ... ;
for the username that your application connects as. The new settings
will take effect on the next login. There is no need to stop the
database server to make these changes.

HTH,
Tim Bowden