Re: More speed counting rows

From: Developer <dev002(at)pas-world(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More speed counting rows
Date: 2009-07-27 19:04:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

> How "up to date" do the counts need to be? If the count takes 4
> seconds, can you run it every minute and store the counts in a table for
> retrieval by the HTTP requests?
Now, I am storing integer value for filter in memory with timeout, but
in busy server, system sure crash without system memory (>700MB for all
combinations, if combinations counted > deleted memory count by
timeout).

> Or does it absolutely have to be the
> exact count at the moment of the request?
Some applications could fail, without exact number.

Publicidad y Servicios http://www.pas-world.com
Directorio http://www.precioventa.com
Tienda http://informatica.precioventa.com/es/
Autoridad certificadora http://ca.precioventa.com/es/