Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)

From: <zedaardv(at)drizzle(dot)com>
To: <ghoffman(at)ucsd(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)
Date: 2004-04-21 10:30:59
Lists: pgsql-php

ok, thanks. so far so good. it now seems that i need to upgrade my
postgresql install i have 7.3.4 i get a connect error where i try to
connect to the database from a simple php script. the documentation says
i need posqtgresql 7.4

so when i run configure i get this error
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

i find no conftest.c or confdefs.h(see below)
am i missing something here ?

here is the segment from the config.log

configure:1986: checking for C compiler default output
configure:1989: gcc conftest.c /Library/headers >&5
gcc: /Library/headers: No such file or directory
configure:1992: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 1963 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
# ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
# endif
int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{

;
return 0;
}
configure:2019: error: C compiler cannot create executables

reiner