New shapshot RPMs (Mar 27, 2009) are ready for testing

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New shapshot RPMs (Mar 27, 2009) are ready for testing
Date: 2009-03-28 09:01:01
Lists: pgsql-announce

As we are moving very close to 8.4 beta, please join us for testing 8.4
release.

I just released new RPM sets, which is based on Mar 27 CVS snapshot.
Please note that these packages are **not** production ready. They are
for Fedora 9,10 and RHEL/CentOS 5. I have no intention to push 8.4
development packages for older Fedora/RHEL/CentOS releases, and also
currently I do not provide (Open)SuSE packages.

I think these will be the last set of packages before beta 1.

These packages *do* require a dump/reload, even from previous 8.4
packages, because of a catversion update. These packages also includes
an up2date PDF documentation.

We have more than 500 testers using these sets. We need more people to
discover any bugs in 8.4 development version.

As usual, please find detailed info from:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

A mini howto about 8.4devel release + RPMs is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/news-8.4devel-ready-for-testing.php

The tarball I used is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.4

(I will remove tarballs after a few weeks...)

Please report any packaging related errors to me. If you find any
PostgreSQL 8.4 bugs, please post them to pgsql-bugs(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org or
fill out this form:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug

Regards,
--