PostgreSQL Conference / PgCon.US update

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Conference / PgCon.US update
Date: 2009-01-11 19:52:04
Lists: pgus-general

Hello,

In an attempt to ensure the continued positive growth of the community,
PostgreSQL Conference, U.S. is going to change its current policy toward
PgCon.US.

The current policy is that the domain would only be used in lieu of
http://www.postgresqlconference.org when space was significantly to
display the long URL was significantly limited.

The new policy will be that PgCon.US will not be used.

I would encourage any and all other communities making use of the PgCon
name to change their branding as well. In an effort to help any
communities who have invested resources in using the PgCon name,
PostgreSQL Conference will offer sub domain pointing (and hosting if
required) to their conference sites.

As an example, the Brazilian community is using the brand PgCon Brazil
with the URL: http://pgcon.postgresql.org.br/ . At the Brazilian's
request PostgreSQL Conference would configure:

http://brazil.postgresqlconference.org/

If you are a community looking for such help, please don't hesitate to
ask.

It is my hope that this will put an end to the PgCon debate.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL