Re: regress test failed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regress test failed
Date: 2011-09-04 15:31:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Well, I don't think we are obliged to cater for locales that break ASCII
> ordering.

The logical conclusion of that position is that there's no need to make
the regression tests pass in any other locale than C. Which is not the
project policy, and we (including you, with your buildfarm hat on) have
expended plenty of sweat in support of that.

I think the real question that needs to be asked here is why there's not
a buildfarm member running the tests in Czech locale. And maybe some
of the other ones that have been problematic in the past. We should not
have to wait for random reports to find out about this.