Re: [Q] storing JSON, problem with 'escapes'

From: "V S P" <toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
To: "Chris" <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Q] storing JSON, problem with 'escapes'
Date: 2008-11-21 07:43:56
Lists: pgsql-php

hi,
magic_quotes_gpc is on,
however, the data (the strings) do not come from HTTP protocol
or web pages, they come from STDIN (using popen) when invoking
another program.

So, at the end of the process I have

"if( js_iop_lt(a,b) ){ VLADIKVLADIKVLADIKVLADIK(\"b2122\") ;}"

and then I prepare an SQL statement and use bindParams
to bind the string like the above to the Insert statement
and I know 100% that the string has single backslash (which is
how I want it to be stored -- because I want to stored as valid
JSON to be read by non-php programs).

But I am guessing something adds another backslash slash.
after I bind the string to the insert (and I have no way to undo
that because there is mechanism to get into the internal PDO
structures to massage the values of the bound variables).

Now, when I check what's stored in the database -- the single slash
is stored -- which is correct (I think... I do not have the code to
read the data back in yet).

So it is almost like PosgreSQL ignores the second backslash, but
warns about it?...

--
V S P
toreason(at)fastmail(dot)fm