support for connection parameters

From: Olaf Frączyk <olaf(at)cbk(dot)poznan(dot)pl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: support for connection parameters
Date: 2008-08-21 14:32:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

When I define a new connection to a server I can enter
host,port,username etc.

I want to be able to define "search_path" to work with different
schemas. I don't wan't to create a dozen of login roles with different
search_path setting.

The simplest solution would be to be able to define such variables at
"Object browser" level. Then I could create several connections to my
server with different search_path settings.

However there is no way to do it nor to add an SQL statement to be
executed at the beginning of every connection.

There are other useful settings that could be managed this way.

Is there any hope that it will be implemented in some future version?

Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk

--
Olaf Frączyk <olaf(at)cbk(dot)poznan(dot)pl>