Re: interesting trigger behaviour in 8.3

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Ivan Zolotukhin <ivan(dot)zolotukhin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: interesting trigger behaviour in 8.3
Date: 2008-07-29 15:33:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 19:25 +0400, Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
> Any clues? Can anybody suggest how to debug this? Is it possible to
> get an explain of the query within the trigger?

I bet it's the difference between prepared/not prepared plans. The
trigger prepares the plan without considering the actual parameter
values, on the psql prompt you give the parameter values explicitly in
the sql. Try to use the PREPARE command to prepare the plan on the psql
prompt, and EXPLAIN EXECUTE it to see how it works in the trigger...

Cheers,
Csaba.