Re: Some additions to pg_filedump...

From: "Darren Reed" <darrenr+postgres(at)fastmail(dot)net>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Some additions to pg_filedump...
Date: 2008-04-24 04:04:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:20:49 -0400, "Alvaro Herrera"
<alvherre(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com> said:
> Darren Reed wrote:
>
> > I saw this, but when I went in search of activity, there was nothing.
> >
> > Look in:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/rhdb/
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/rhdb-announce/
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/rhdb-cvs/
> >
> > All of the archives for 2008 are empty...
> >
> > It looks like "PostgreSQL - Red Hat Edition Project" is a defunct
> > project.
>
> Perhaps it would be apropos for RedHat to donate pg_filedump under BSD
> license so we could include it in contrib? It's not like they're
> getting much benefit of it being under GPL.

If there's interest, why not just write a new version of said
program from scratch so that it can be included in contrib?

And yes, if others are strapped for time, I'm willing to look
into doing this more, soon, now that I realise that GPL is a
problem for wider use.

Darren