PITR and Failover

From: Brad Nicholson <bnichols(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PITR and Failover
Date: 2008-01-31 21:37:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Say I'm using pg_standby to feed wal files from database A into both
database B and database C.

At some point, I lose A, so I bring Database B up and start the wal
archiving from there. Can I then continue streaming the wal files from
B into C, or do I need to take a new base backup from B and start C from
there?

--
Brad Nicholson 416-673-4106