Vita Voom Software just released a new version of pgExpress Driver:
The Vita Voom pgExpress PostgreSQL dbExpress Driver is a Borland
Kylix/Delphi 6+ Driver that directly access PostgreSQL 7.1+ databases:
no ODBC layer is needed. It can access PostgreSQL 7.1+ databases, use
almost all field types, and is complient to the Borland specifications
of dbExpress drivers.
Since version 0.95, pgExpress includes support for stored procedures
(emulated through PostgreSQL Functions).
The pgExpress Driver is the core of the pgExpress Suite of
components, which provides the widest range of support to acessing
Changes in this version include:
* ADDED - A new installation package is avaible to make it easier to
install the pgExpress Driver. It's aviable at the Vita Voom Software's
website. It will install the driver and also create entries on the
dbxdriver/dbxconnections files automatically. You should however tune
the [PGEConnection] entry it creates to meet your configuration. The
regular zip package is also available.
* ADDED - A small demo (PGEDemo) is added to the distribution. The demo
will compile on both Kylix and Delphi.
* ADDED - Arrays support by default now. This is a delicated issue;
arrays in PostgreSQL always have variable length, regardless of what is
declared in it's table definition (that is for documentation only).
Thus, arrays are supported if mapped as strings.
* ADDED - Better int8 variable support. Unhappyly, dbExpress does not
provide int8 support. This made the driver misbehave with tables that use
int8 types (including int8 serials such as those generated by phpPgAdmin,
PgAdmin II andthe alike). Now the int8 type is support by default as a
String type, but it can also be mapped as Int4 or ignored (please refer
to the docs).
* ADDED - Better documentation about the special params supported by the
pgExpress driver (MaspUnknownAsString, ArrayAsString, etc.)
* ADDED - new libpq interface library from PostgreSQL 7.21 (for both Windows
* FIXED - Fixed a bug where select queries using parameters
(TCustomClientDataset.Params or TCustomSQLDataset.Params descendants) would
not run properly.
* FIXED - Fixed int8 support (including new option in dbxdrivers.ini).
* FIXED - Fixed 'Format '%s' invalid or incompatible with argument' when demo
limit of 50 updates/inserts/deletes per transaction reached.
For checking the pgExpress page in our web site, and downloading it,
please go to http://www.vitavoom.com/Products/pgExpress_Driver/index.html.
Thanks for your attention.
Vita Voom Software
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2002-04-15 13:54:46|
|Subject: psqlODBC 07.02.0001 (Win32) Released|
|Previous:||From: Oliver Elphick||Date: 2002-04-03 05:48:20|
|Subject: Re: [HACKERS] v7.2.1 Released: Critical Bug Fix|